Corporate Newsletter vs. Corporate Podcast
Employee Communications professionals beware….the next new(ish) thing is here! That’s right, corporate podcasts have descended upon us. That means we’ve got to figure out:
- If corporate podcasts are worth using
- What corporate podcasts are great (and not so great) at
- How to use corporate podcasts to help us achieve our employee communications goals
- How to get the most from corporate podcasts
- The limitations of corporate podcasting
And, here’s the big thing: We’ve got to really get our heads around if, how and when to use corporate podcasts when compared with the sometimes venerated (and often scorned) corporate newsletter.
In this Corner: Podcast Guru, Jonathan Davies
To get the latest on corporate podcasts and corporate podcasting, we turned to Happeo’s podcast guru, Jonathan Davies.
Together with my podcaster-in-crime, Elizabeth Williams, I sat down with Jonathan to tackle the issues that employee communications professionals — across industries — have with corporate podcasts.
What You Can Do
In The Swear Jar episode, Corporate Podcasts: Are they just the new corporate newsletter? we help employee communications professionals figure out if, how and when corporate podcasts are worth going to the mat for, or if they should throw in the towel. That means we cover key topics including:
- Trends in corporate podcast usage
- Expectations about corporate podcasts (incl. risks, costs and outcomes)
- Critical success factors for corporate podcasts to be an effective tool for employee communications
- How and when to choose corporate podcasts over corporate newsletters
ABC Resources Highlighted in this Episode
- !mpact Measurement (90-minute workshop)
- Worst Employer Ever: How to deal with Online Reviews (90-minute workshop)
Other Resources Highlighted in this Episode
- The New CCO Podcast – Dick’s Sporting Goods Enters the Gun Debate
- Bastards and Boneheads; Happiness (will Ferguson)
- The Challenger Sale (Matthew Dixon and Brent Adamson)